Introduction/ Why Java?
- First of all it is an open source and anyone who
has access to a computer can download and install.
- You can download it from http://www.java.com/en/
- Powerful development tools like Eclipse and
NetBeans are available for developing applications.
- Great collection of open source libraries.
- With the great java community support it is easy
to learn and implement.
- Javadocs provide a detailed documentation support
for the language.
- The Java programming language is a high-level
language that can be characterized by all of the
- Simple Object oriented
- Distributed Multithreaded
- Dynamic Architecture
- Portable High
- Robust Secure
Where is the technology used?
- Java is everywhere and it keeps growing, with 97%
of enterprise desktops, 115 million TV devices and 3
billion mobile phones now running Java.
- Recent surveys given to hiring managers and
recruiters have validated the huge demand for skilled
developers in the marketplace. More specifically, for
skilled Java developers.
- Although learning and programming in java is fun,
it can get complicated.
- It is one of the technologies that grows at a
very fast pace and new techniques and concepts come into
- To compete with the huge Java market, it is
always required to stay on top of all the new
Useful/ Recommended tutorials:
Useful websitesfor support
is one website where you will find a detailed
illustration of most of the java technologies and will be
a good one for beginners.
- stackoverflow.com is an active online forum where
answers to most of the issues will be available.
Recommended Java Books for beginners
- Java Programming Language By Ken Arnold, James
Gosling, David Holmes. Direct from the creators of the
- Head First Java by By Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates.
- Thinking In Java By Bruce Eckel.
- Java the Complete Reference By Herbert Schildt.
- Java in a nutshell By David Flanagan.
How are the Job opportunities?
- One cannot imagine any firm that does not use
Java. As mentioned earlier, Java is a wide spread
technology and there will be plenty of opportunities.
- Opportunities not only exist for complex Java
technologies, many firms use the basic Java OOPS concepts
to achieve some of their critical functionalities.
- Java is one of the technologies where you find
any internship options.